WCET’ers are arriving from all over the nation in beautiful Portland, Oregon to celebrate 26 years of coming together. This year we’re proud to present a program that brings both big picture, forward thinking ideas and practical applications that support student success.
- Opening keynote presentation by Dr. Nancy Zimpher, Chancellor, The State University of New York. Innovation at Scale: Creating a Systemwide Environment
- Closing keynote presentation by Anya Kamenetz, Educational Futurist and Lead Education Writer for NPR. DIY U: The Education Revolution
- A Special Session exploring what our students really think of online education, co-hosted by Phil Hill and Pat James.
In-depth sessions where attendees connect with experts on issues impacting institutions today.
- Networking with forward-thinking colleagues like you at the Welcome Reception and the Group Networking Dinners (sign up at the registration desk by 3pm Wed.).
Download the popular WCET mobile program app and start building your schedule! iOS, Android, and web versions are available for phones and tablets. This nifty app will allow you to track the sessions you want to get to, download the slides when presenters make them available and take notes during the sessions. Be sure to check-in when you arrive at your sessions and use the networking functions to meet new friends and find old colleagues.
Tune in to our Award Winners
Congratulations to the 2014 WCET Outstanding Work award recipients who will receive their awards on Thursday during our Awards Lunch:
- Capella University: FlexPath
- Colorado Technical University: intellipath™ for MBA preparation
- Excelsior College: Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) Extended Learning Institute:NOVA’s OER-Based Associate Degree Project
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee: U-Pace
Stay tuned to learn who receives the 2014 Richard Jonsen Award, which will also be announced during the Awards lunch.
Connect with WCET
Unable to Join us In Portland?
- Follow the backchannel across social media using the hashtag #WCET14.
- Check the WCET Annual Meeting website or the mobile app for the link to the recordings of general sessions shortly after they are completed, courtesy of our friends from Media Site by Sonic Foundry.